Well that was a long break. To start the New Year off I am publishing a tool I have been working on called SNinja. It aims to be a replacement for the standard Left Hand Nav window.
Using SNinja is easy just hit the ` button to begin. That’s the backtick button right above Tab. Hit ` again or Escape to close the SNinja window.
As you start typing the auto-complete will match Modules and Table names. Hit up and down to move through the options or Tab to auto-complete the current selection.
For Modules just hit enter to execute them.
For tables you can either hit Tab again and enter a search term to Search the table or hit period and enter one of these commands.
- list – Brings up a list
- form – Goes to the form view
- dict – Loads the dictionary values
- recent – Brings up records edited today
- br – Brings up a list of business rules
- cs – Brings up a list of client scripts
- acl – Brings up a list of ACLs
- act – Brings up a list of UI Actions
- pol – Brings up a list of UI Policies
You can also type current in place of a table name to reference the current table you are on if you are in a list or form view.
Finally you can go directly to a page by typing the name of the page and .do at the end. Like “home.do”
Source Code and Update Sets are here: